Breaking News

Signing Update: Noah’s First Sign Language Sentence!

how to get baby to use sentences put words together with sign language
We’re a huge fan of teaching Noah baby sign language to help him communicate with us. We have been watching Baby Signing Time videos since he was about 9 months old. I was a skeptic at first but have continually been impressed by how signing has helped Noah have a voice and understand the things in his environment. In fact, I even wrote a post about how I went from being a skeptical mommy and pediatrician to a baby signing time believer!

Only 1 Year Old, And Already Making Sentences Using Sign Language!

It’s amazing to see our son, who is only 1 year old and born with Down syndrome, not just using sign language, but putting his sign words together to for sentences. Check out the video below to see for yourself!

I may have even cried a little when I was able to meet Rachel Coleman because I’m so thankful for what she has done to help our little ones communicate. Baby sign language has been such a gift to us.

Noah has learned quite a few signs and will do them if asked. He will spontaneously say “more,” “eat” and his favorite food “banana.”

Noah’s First Sign Language Sentence

Today I thought that I would challenge him to put some signs together for the first time. With verbal prompting only Noah is able to say “more food please” followed by a “thank you.” I was so excited, and Noah got to eat more so he was happy too.

It was so much fun to see him put all of these words / signs together to form a sentences. As you can see above he actually signed “More food, please. All done. Thank you.” – I love it!

We Can’t Stop Talking About Baby Signing Time!

I am a big fan of Baby Signing Time Volume 2 as it teaches manners with “please”, “thank you” and “sorry”. Even if Noah can’t speak yet he can still be polite which I love.  Noah is prompted to sign “thank you” at the end of his therapy sessions or when he gets something.  It kind of looks like he is blowing a kiss which is pretty darn cute.

Rachel knows just what signs our little ones need to learn at first. Volume 3 for example uses stop and go (among many other signs). I never realized how important stop is. We have been able to get Noah to at least stop and look at us with this word and hopefully it will help me keep him out of danger.

Article Source: http://noahsdad.com/first-sign-language-sentence/

No comments